Alyssa Lee Wilmot
Founder, Owner/director, Head Instructor
Alyssa is a choreographer, dancer, performance artist, writer, and educator who draws upon a diverse range of dance, Pilates, and fitness vocabularies, techniques, and art. Alyssa uses her life experiences to enhance and inspire the lives of people through various forms of movement. A native of Cleveland, Ohio, Alyssa started her dance education at the age of three and has been dancing ever since. Alyssa has been trained in New York, Ohio, and California and studied various forms of movement, ranging from dance forms such as Ballet, Tap, Jazz, Hip Hop/ Break dancing, Lyrical, Pointe, Liturgical, Belly dance, Modern (Taylor, Mark Morris, Graham, Limon/Humphrey, Fenley), Contemporary, and African dance; along with other forms such as Pilates, Yoga, Kickboxing, Muay Thai, Basketball, Cheerleading, Fitness training, Cardio dance, and more.
- MFA, Dance Choreography and Performance - Mills College, CA - 2002
- BA, Philosophy, Dance, Political Science - The College of Wooster, OH - 2000
- Certified Pilates Mat Instructor - Alter Center, San Francisco, CA - 2004
- Certified Pilates Equipment Instructor - Alter Center, San Francisco, CA - 2009
- ZUMBA® Fitness Certified, Basic - 2011
- PMA®- CPT - 2012 (current member status)
- bootybarre® Plus Certification - 2014
- bootybarre® Flex and Flow Certification - 2014
- Weight Management Specialist Certification - American Council on Exercise - 2015
- bootybarre® Pre and PostNatal Certification - 2016
- bootybarre® Sculpt Certification - 2017
- CPR/AED Certified - American Red Cross - Current
- Pink Ribbon Breast Cancer Exercise Specialist - In Progress 2018
POUND instructor/master trainer
Melissa is a Fitness and Wellness Coordinator, instructor, trainer, and educator who always strives to help everyone she encounters in their own health and fitness FEEL their best. Ever since she was a little girl, Melissa has always been active through sports and playing outside with her neighborhood friends. It wasn’t until she was pursuing her undergraduate degree at Ohio University when she started taking group fitness classes at the recreation center and quickly fell in love. Within a year she had become certified and began leading classes.
- M.S. Kinesiology and Health Promotion- University of Kentucky - 2014
- B.S. Sports Sciences- Exercise Physiology - Ohio University - 2010
- PiYo® LIVE Instructor - 2016
- National Recreation and Park Association Aquatic Facility Operator - 2016
- Pink Gloves Boxing Amateur Trainer - 2015
- TurboKick® LIVE Instructor- 2015
- POUND® Fitness Pro- 2015
- CardioPump™ Kettlebell Instructor - 2015
- YogaFit® Instructor- Levels 1 and 3 - 2012
- Mad Dogg SPINNING® Instructor – STAR Level 2- 2011
- ACSM Certified Exercise Physiologist - 2011
- AFAA Certified Primary Group Exercise Instructor - 2009
- American Red Cross Professional Rescuer CPR/AED/First Aid - Current
- American Red Cross Professional Rescuer CPR/First Aid/AED Instructor - Current
Pilates instructor in training
Mikaela Brown is a dancer, choreographer, director, Pilates instructor, and lover of sunshine. Throughout her childhood, Mikaela trained in ballet under the Royal Academy of Dance method, then continued her training in contemporary + modern techniques through various teachers, in the States and Australia, before dancing with Cleveland’s Inlet Dance Theatre for eight years. Mikaela has also had the privilege of dancing for Diane McIntyre for projects--including a feature film--and has enjoyed bringing the puppetry of Cleveland Museum of Art to life under the direction of Robin VanLear. In 2012, she co-founded Elu Dance Company with Mackenzie Valley and, together, they have been creating and performing new work in Cleveland + abroad, working alongside brilliant people and artists who continuously inspire, challenge, and feed into that work. Mikaela is certified through Studio True Blue to teach PostureRenew technique + Pilates. She is passionate about the power of movement + story and how the two can collide to bring freedom, hope, and healing to people of all cultures and backgrounds. Outside of art-making and bodywork, Mikaela enjoys long walks through the woods, ice cream, and sitting by a crackling fire with her husband Joshua.
Elaine Dowling is a classically trained ballet dancer, teacher, and choreographer working throughout Northeast Ohio. She studied ballet with renowned Cleveland teachers Marguerite Duncan and Nancy Arcury. Elaine was a principal dancer with North Coast Ballet Theatre, and continues to train with Sonja Kraljevic. She has also studied modern dance with Joan Meggitt, Megan Pitcher, Megan Johnson, and Kelli Sanford. Elaine frequently performs at Case Western Reserve University, where she has worked with international choreographers and danced the works of the legendary dancer and choreographer Martha Graham. She has also performed with Coventry Dance Company and RED.
- BA, Speech Communication and Theatre - Case Western Reserve University, OH
- CPR Certified, Current
Jenny Filippelli Pitts
Jenny took her first ZUMBA® class in 2010 and liked it so much that she decided to become certified and teach her own classes in and around Cleveland. Her passion and energy for fitness shows in every class she teaches, mixing Latin & Spanish inspired beats with modern pop & dance music that will make you want to move.
- ZUMBA® Fitness Certified, Basic 1 - 2011
- ZUMBA® Fitness Certified, Gold - 2012
- ZUMBA® Fitness Certified Kids/Kids Jr. - 2012
- ZUMBA® Step - 2016
- CPR/AED/First Aid - American Red Cross - 2016
Zen Barre® Instructor, Front Desk Staff
Amber started at The Movement Factory in April of 2014 as a client, having never taken a group class before, and immediately fell in love with the variety of classes and the atmosphere. She is originally from Tiffin, OH, where she studied ballet as a child, was a three-sport athlete throughout high school and rode horses. She played volleyball in college and fitness has always been an integral part of her life. She is currently a high school French teacher and has coached volleyball. She started working the front desk in February of 2015 and feels that The Movement Factory is a perfect fit, because of the positive, encouraging environment and comraderie that motivates clients to achieve fitness goals.
- BA, French Mercyhurst College - 2003
- BA, Secondary Education - Mercyhurst College - 2004
- bootybarre Plus - 2017
- bootybarre Flex and Flow - in progress 2017
- Zen Barre® - 2018
Bill is a ZUMBA® instructor for the past six years teaching his classes in Ohio and Florida. He is excited to bring his intense classes back to The Movement Factory where he started years ago! Bill's high energy ZUMBA® class include all music rhythms from around the world and hits from today's top artists!
- ZUMBA FITNESS CERTIFIED - BASIC 1 2012
Hip Hop Instructor
Anthony Jamison was born and raised in Cleveland Ohio. In 2008 Anthony graduated from Collinwood High School and then continued his education at Defiance College before transferring to Cleveland State University. Anthony first started dancing with Alyssa Lee Wilmot in her dance classes at Tri-C. He has been dancing for six years doing both hip hop and break dance, as well as taking on new challenges such as ballet, jazz and contemporary. Anthony is also exploring his acting career; he has been featured in movies such as The Avengers, Captain America Winter Soldier, Insurgent, Batman vs Superman, and many more!
Jennifer Lenhart, CYT/E-RYT 200, found yoga in 1994 and began teaching in 2009. She is honored to have studied in Cleveland at the Jivasara Yoga School under Marni Task (an advanced certified Jivamukti teacher & Anusara inspired instructor). Around the same time she found yoga, she also discovered the teachings of Buddhism and developed a seated meditation practice. Having experienced the transformative and healing power of yoga and meditation, Jennifer is passionate about sharing them with others.
In class with Jennifer, you'll hear inspirational music, do some devotional chanting, consider how the teachings of yoga & Buddhist philosophies can be applied to modern life, be asked to bring awareness and focus to the breath, be encouraged to find optimal alignment in the postures, and be invited to bring mindfulness to all areas of the practice -- body, mind, and soul. And probably enjoy some laughter, too. Learn more at www.jenniferlenhart.com.
- BA, English, Northland College, 1996
- MA, English, Cleveland State University, 1998
- Certified 200-hour Yoga Teacher, Jivasara School, 2009
- Experienced, Registered Yoga Teacher with Yoga Alliance (E-RYT 200)
- Certified Thai Yoga Massage Practitioner, 2012
- CPR/AED/First Aid, Current
Visiting Master Trainer
Brett started his professional life in the world of ballet, working with various companies in the US. Later on he moved to New York and branched out into modern along with the ballet. Since then, he has lived in Finland and now in Stockholm Sweden.
Brett became a Pilates instructor in 2005 and has been teaching ever since. The intelligent technique that Pilates is, and the chance to continue to be physical, attracted him to this field after being so long in the dance world. Along with teaching Pilates, Brett also works on a consultant basis as a software developer. Visit his website Pilates Intel
Growing up as a gymnast and athlete, Katie naturally gravitated towards Pilates at a young age. While living in Chapel Hill, North Carolina, she began to pursue a teaching career in both yoga and Pilates, earning her 600-hour classical Pilates certification through Power Pilates, and her 200-hour power vinyasa yoga certification. Katie’s career then brought her to Los Angeles, where she taught private and group yoga and Pilates for the past three years while continuing her education through a Pilates 400-hour bridge program. This summer, Katie and her husband found their way back home to Cleveland, and she is excited to share her passion and knowledge of Pilates with others. When not in the Pilates studio, either teaching or taking a class, Katie can be found doing yoga, hiking or hanging with her kids.
- Power Pilates Classical Pilates certification - 2010
- Power Vinyasa Yoga Certification - 2010
Shakti Flow Instructor
Kaitlan was talked into going to a Shakti Flow class two years ago and has been in love with the practice ever since. Shakti Flow originated in Hawaii where Kaitlan became certified and lived for almost three years. While there she learned a lot about how to respect the land, life, and live with the spirit of aloha. She hopes to bring the spirit and energy of the islands to Cleveland and incorporate it in to every class she teaches. Kaitlan takes inspiration from all facets of her life and tries to use these experiences to create a new and exciting class every time so that her students are never bored and everyone (including her!) are always learning and expanding. Kaitlan has been in to fitness since she was young, running track, playing volleyball, and competing in Irish dance. In her free time she loves to travel, hike, bike ride, read, and binge on Netflix.
- Shakti Flow Certification - 2014
- BA, Communications, Ohio University -2011
Front Desk Staff
- B.S. in Special Education, Cleveland State University, in process
- American Red Cross CPR/First Aid Certified, current
Jasmine was born in New Orleans, Louisiana, but grew up in Cleveland, Ohio where she graduated from Avon High School in 2010. Jasmine has always had a love for both dancing and teaching. She began dance at an early age with Ballet and Baton Twirling. She attended college at Purdue University in Indiana, where she had the opportunity to study and perform Belly Dancing, Swing Dancing, Contemporary, and Jazz. Jasmine returned home and began attending Cleveland State University to complete her degree in Special Education and continue dancing Ballet, Jazz, Tap, and Hip-hop.
After a long search for a new studio, Jasmine first visited The Movement Factory in 2013 and fell in love with the atmosphere and style of the studio. While finishing her degree and working at The Movement Factory, she also teaches for Westlake City Schools and formed their summer Elementary Dance Club, K-3 performing arts group.
Julia completed her undergraduate studies in Contemporary Dance, Improvisation and Performance at Oberlin College. There, she developed a love for yoga and has been practicing now for over 15 years. She has had experience studying several branches of yoga including Vinyasa, Hatha, Iyengar, Kundalini, and Astanga and is currently obtaining a teaching certification through Cleveland’s own Ananda Bhakti Program. As a result of this training, her classes will follow an intuitive Vinyasa sequencing with some Sivananda influences. Julia is also a practicing Biodynamic Cranialsacral Therapist and works with clients through Options Naturopathic Clinic in Cleveland Heights.
Pilates Instructor, Personal Trainer
Shari is a personal trainer, Pilates instructor and educator with more than 2 decades of experience in dance and athletics. A native of Northeast Ohio, Shari began ballet training as a child and continued through high school. She took her first Pilates class more than 15 years ago and was instantly hooked, eventually becoming an instructor and studying with Pilates legend Elizabeth Larkham. Shari's others passions include tennis, and volunteering at the Cleveland Animal Protective League.
- BA - Kent State University
- American Council on Exercise: Personal Trainer
- American Council on Exercise: Group Exercise Instructor
- Balanced Body: Comprehensive Pilates Training
- Muscle Activation Technique JumpStart certified
- Johnny G. Spinning certified
- American Heart Association, certified Basic Life Support, CPR and AED instructor
- American Red Cross, certified First Aid & Emergency Care instructor
- PMA ® Certified Pilates Instructor - 2018 (current member status)
- Fully Certified Pilates Instructor – Pilates Academy International - 2015
- CARDIOLATES© Certificate - 2014
- Pre/Post Natal Certificate - 2014
- Redcord ® Active Intro Certificate - 2014
- B.S. Health Sciences - Community Health - Ohio University 2011
- Certified Health Education Specialist (CHES) Certificate - 2011
- ZUMBA Fitness Certified - Basic - 2010
- AFAA Certified Primary Group Exercise Instructor - 2009
- First Aid and CPR certified (current)
Clare Vesecky is a PMA® Certified Pilates Instructor with a friendly, functional and personalized teaching style. She strives to teach each class in a way that leaves you feeling strengthened, stretched and invigorated!
Jennifer Young began her yogic journey at The Movement Factory when it first opened its doors in 2013. Yoga became a source of strength and clarity for her and added a connectivity to herself and others looking to heal. She began a home practice and assisted friends and family with body aches and stress relief by sharing her personal growth through regular asana. Jennifer realized she wanted to deepen her own practice and become a yoga instructor and began Vinyasa training at Awaken Yoga. All life is Vinyasa-the flow that exists in and around all of us. Her teacher, Jennifer Langsdale, has taught her to design classes that weave mindful bhava and thoughtful sequencing to build strength, create space in the body and empower others in the mind, body and spirit.
- BFA Printmaking Kent State University-2005
- 200hr Vinyasa Yoga Teacher Training-Awaken Yoga Mentor, Ohio 2016
- CYT 200 hour Yoga Teacher
Megan Young presents her interdisciplinary movement and new media practice through MegLouise (www.meglouise.info). She holds a BFA in dance from Ohio University and an MFA in interdisciplinary art & media from Columbia College Chicago. Her dance training is rooted in modern and postmodern training, with influences from Bartenieff Fundamentals and release based somatics. Her training in capoeira began under professor Dentista of Grupo Unidade Capoeira and has continued through ASCAB Capoeira under mestre Doutor. She has taught for Kent State University, Cuyahoga Community College, Beck Center for the Arts, Shaker Heights Ensemble Program, Chicago High School for the Arts, and other organizations.
Young directs immersive performances, interactive installations, and community engaged projects. Notable venues have included: City University of Hong Kong, Ammerman Center for Art & Technology, Chicago Cultural Center, Links Hall, SpinOff Festival, RADfest, CounterPulse, Open Engagement, Philly Fringe Festival, Junction Arts Festival Toronto, Playhouse Square Center, Cleveland Public Theatre, SPACES gallery, and Cleveland Playhouse Fusion Fest. She is the recipient of two Ohio Arts Council Individual Excellence Awards for Choreography and a Creative Workforce Fellowship through CPAC/CAC in Cleveland. Her arts as activism approach has been featured in Hyperallergic, The Atlantic, and on National Public Radio (NPR).
- BFA Dance, Ohio University -2002
- MFA in Interdisciplinary Arts & Media from Columbia College, Chicago - 2014
- ASCAB/Unidade Capoeira Instructor -2012