Alyssa Lee Wilmot
Founder, Owner/director, Head Instructor
Alyssa is a choreographer, dancer, performance artist, writer, and educator who draws upon a diverse range of dance, Pilates, and fitness vocabularies, techniques, and art. Alyssa uses her life experiences to enhance and inspire the lives of people through various forms of movement. A native of Cleveland, Ohio, Alyssa started her dance education at the age of three and has been dancing ever since. Alyssa has been trained in New York, Ohio, and California and studied various forms of movement, ranging from dance forms such as Ballet, Tap, Jazz, Hip Hop/ Break dancing, Lyrical, Pointe, Liturgical, Belly dance, Modern (Taylor, Mark Morris, Graham, Limon/Humphrey, Fenley), Contemporary, and African dance; along with other forms such as Pilates, Yoga, Kickboxing, Muay Thai, Basketball, Cheerleading, Fitness training, Cardio dance, and more.
- MFA, Dance Choreography and Performance - Mills College, CA - 2002
- BA, Philosophy, Dance, Political Science - The College of Wooster, OH - 2000
- Certified Pilates Mat Instructor - Alter Center, San Francisco, CA - 2004
- Certified Pilates Equipment Instructor - Alter Center, San Francisco, CA - 2009
- ZUMBA® Fitness Certified, Basic - 2011
- PMA®- CPT - 2012-current member status
- bootybarre® Plus Certification - 2014
- bootybarre® Flex and Flow Certification - 2014
- Weight Management Specialist Certification - American Council on Exercise - 2015
- bootybarre® Pre and PostNatal Certification - 2016
- bootybarre® Sculpt Certification - 2017
- CPR/AED Certified - American Red Cross - Current
- Post Rehabilitative Breast Cancer Exercise Specialist - Pink Ribbon Program - 2019
Amanda comes to The Movement Factory with experience from working in New York City for many years. She loves Pilates and fitness and is excited to work with the wonderful clients and staff!
- Fashion Institute of Technology - Fashion Business Management/ French and Art History Minor
- AAS, Fashion Business Management, BA, Fashion Business Management - 2016
Ann Naramore Huebner grew up as a “studio brat” in her mother’s dance studio, Martha Naramore’s School of Ballet in Bay Village. As a teenager, she studied locally with Alex Martin of The Cleveland School of Ballet, John Begg of the Canton Ballet, and Ian Horvath of the Cleveland Ballet School and Cleveland Ballet. Ann attended the United States International University’s School of Performing and Visual Arts in San Diego, CA where she studied with John Hart and Elaine Thomas of London’s Royal Ballet, Wayne Davis of the San Diego Ballet, and Jack Tygett, best known for his work in major musical motion pictures. After receiving her BFA in musical theatre with a minor in dance from USIU, Ann moved to Los Angeles where she
became a member of Actors’ Equity. She has worked professionally on the West Coast and in national touring companies.
Ann has been the ballet adjunct faculty educator at Lorain County Community College, the Assistant Director of River's Edge, Rocky River High School's show choir, and teaches and choreographs at other area schools and studios. She has taught at the Beck Center and works with the Beck Center’s Creative Arts Therapy program in conjunction with the Cuyahoga County Board of Developmental Disabilities. Ann continues to study dance with various teachers and believes that the more exposure a dancer has to different styles of teaching and technique, the more awareness, control, and expression the dancer has.
Hip Hop Instructor
Anthony Jamison was born and raised in Cleveland Ohio. In 2008 Anthony graduated from Collinwood High School and then continued his education at Defiance College before transferring to Cleveland State University. Anthony first started dancing with Alyssa Lee Wilmot in her dance classes at Tri-C. He has been dancing for six years doing both hip hop and break dance, as well as taking on new challenges such as ballet, jazz and contemporary. Anthony is also exploring his acting career; he has been featured in movies such as The Avengers, Captain America Winter Soldier, Insurgent, Batman vs Superman, and many more!
Carolyn ODonnell is a certified Pilates instructor through the nationally recognized Core Dynamics Teacher Training Program. Carolyn is also a trainer for the Pilates Core Integration National Teacher Training Program.
Carolyn has had a successful hairstyling career for over 39 years. She came to Pilates through her own need to relieve back pain as a result of standing all day. She started private Pilates sessions in Rocky River, Ohio with Scott Meyers, and Karina Richter, Core Dynamic teacher trainers. They encouraged her to become a trainer through Core Dynamics. Carolyn has been instructing the Pilates method since 2004. She was co-founder/owner of BodyWave Pilates in Westlake Ohio for ten years.
Carolyn’s affiliations include the Pilates Method Alliance, Balance Body University, Pilates Core Integration, Core Dynamics and the Pink Ribbon Program.
“I’ve spent my career helping people look and feel good about themselves. Pilates is a continuation of what I love to do. Pilates has changed my body and life and I want to share that work with others.”
Ballet Instructor, PIlates instructor
Elaine Dowling is a classically trained ballet dancer, teacher, and choreographer working throughout Northeast Ohio. She studied ballet with renowned Cleveland teachers Marguerite Duncan and Nancy Arcury. Elaine was a principal dancer with North Coast Ballet Theatre, and continues to train with Sonja Kraljevic. She has also studied modern dance with Joan Meggitt, Megan Pitcher, Megan Johnson, and Kelli Sanford. Elaine frequently performs at Case Western Reserve University, where she has worked with international choreographers and danced the works of the legendary dancer and choreographer Martha Graham. She has also performed with Coventry Dance Company and RED.
- BA, Speech Communication and Theatre - Case Western Reserve University, OH
- CPR Certified, Current
- BA, English, Northland College, 1996
- MA, English, Cleveland State University, 1998
- Certified 200-hour Yoga Teacher, Jivasara School, 2009
- Experienced, Registered Yoga Teacher with Yoga Alliance (E-RYT 200)
- YACEP (Yoga Alliance Continuing Education Provider) designation from from Yoga Alliance. The YACEP designation is designed for experts in the yoga community to teach courses that qualify as Continuing Education hours for RYTs, 2018
- Y12SR certified, 2018
- 300-hour Certified Jivamukti Yoga Teacher 2019
- Certified Thai Yoga Massage Practitioner, 2012
- CPR/AED/First Aid, Current
Jennifer Lenhart, 300-hour Certified Jivamukti Yoga Teacher and E-RYT 200, stepped onto the yoga path in 1994 and began teaching in 2009. She is a Yoga Alliance Continuing Education Provider (YACEP); a certified Thai Yoga Massage practitioner; has led residential yoga & meditation retreats locally and internationally; is a certified Y12SR: Yoga of 12-Step Recovery Leader; and holds a Master’s Degree in English Literature. In her classes, expect to hear eclectic music, practice some devotional chanting, consider how the teachings of yoga can be applied to modern life, be asked to bring awareness to the breath, be encouraged to find optimal alignment in the asanas, and experience skillful hands-on assists. And probably enjoy some laughter, too. Learn more at jenniferlenhart.com.
Jennifer Young began her yogic journey at The Movement Factory when it first opened its doors in 2013. Yoga became a source of strength and clarity for her and added a connectivity to herself and others looking to heal. She began a home practice and assisted friends and family with body aches and stress relief by sharing her personal growth through regular asana. Jennifer realized she wanted to deepen her own practice and become a yoga instructor and began Vinyasa training at Awaken Yoga. All life is Vinyasa-the flow that exists in and around all of us. Her teacher, Jennifer Langsdale, has taught her to design classes that weave mindful bhava and thoughtful sequencing to build strength, create space in the body and empower others in the mind, body and spirit.
- BFA Printmaking Kent State University-2005
- 200hr Vinyasa Yoga Teacher Training-Awaken Yoga Mentor, Ohio 2016
- CYT 200 hour Yoga Teacher
- Certified Massage Therapist - Chicago School of Massage Therapy - 2001
- B.S. Human Development and Family Studies - Colorado State University - 2008
- Power Pilates Comprehensive Certification - 2013
- Holistic Health Certification - 2015
- Reiki Master - 2016
- Certified Meditation Instructor - Neurosculpting Institute - 2016
- Certified Akashic Records Advanced Practioner - 2018
Karen is a teacher, massage therapist, wellness coach, meditation facilitator and Reiki master. She has been passionate about Pilates since the beginning of her practice in 2008. She decided to become an instructor in 2012 because she felt inspired to help people move differently and feel better. She loves Pilates for the way it connects the mind to the body, facilitating awareness in everyday life around one's movement patterns. Karen enjoys drawing upon her varied background and expertise to create classes that are mindful, connected, challenging and safe.
Karen is originally from Cleveland and has recently returned to her midwest roots from Colorado where she spent 20 years. She is looking forward to sharing her enthusiasm for Pilates while creating new relationships and community, and is excited to be a part of The Movement Factory.
London Fulton is a talented professional choreographer, dancer, performance artist, innovator, teacher and educator who was born and raised in Cleveland, OH. When he found his love for dance, he was only 15 years old when he took his craft to Rock City Dance Studio as a competition dancer. His competition career as a dancer consist of winning Top Five overall in competitions such as Showstoppers, Starbound, KAR, and Pulse On Tour Dance Competition. He has trained under the industry's best teachers in Ohio, Oklahoma, and California, and Georgia’s in the art of Contemporary, Jazz, hip-hop, ballet, Performance, Lyrical, Modern and tap.
After London received his certification in Hollywood, California at The International Dance Academy in 2016, he came back home to Ohio to continue his love for dancing and teaching under the direction Lakeshore Ballet Theater in Avon, Ohio where he completed his training as a dancer/Instructor under Trutek Dance Company, which was a Commercial Jazz dance division
of Lake shore Ballet Theater.
London is currently in school to receieve his BA in Massage therapy where he plans to run his own business in near future. Dance has always been his escape from harsh moments in his life where it has made him the man he is today.
Pilates Instructor, Dance Instructor
Mikaela Brown is a dancer, choreographer, director, PMA® Certified Pilates Teacher and PostureRenew® instructor. She enjoyed performing and teaching with Inlet Dance Theatre for several seasons before co-founding Elu Dance Company with Mackenzie Valley. Mikaela is passionate about the power of movement + story and how the two can collide to bring freedom, hope, and healing to people of all cultures and backgrounds. Because of this, her approach in pilates stems from a desire to help clients discover the deeper story in their body, unravel pain and learn to move with greater ease, strength and vitality. Outside of art-making and bodywork, Mikaela enjoys long walks through the woods, ice cream, and sitting by a crackling fire with her husband Joshua.
- PostureRenew certification - 2017
- PMA®-CPT - 2018
Pilates Instructor, Personal Trainer
Shari is a personal trainer, Pilates instructor and educator with more than 2 decades of experience in dance and athletics. A native of Northeast Ohio, Shari began ballet training as a child and continued through high school. She took her first Pilates class more than 15 years ago and was instantly hooked, eventually becoming an instructor and studying with Pilates legend Elizabeth Larkham. Shari's others passions include tennis, and volunteering at the Cleveland Animal Protective League.
- BA - Kent State University
- American Council on Exercise: Personal Trainer
- American Council on Exercise: Group Exercise Instructor
- Balanced Body: Comprehensive Pilates Training
- Muscle Activation Technique JumpStart certified
- Johnny G. Spinning certified
- American Heart Association, certified Basic Life Support, CPR and AED instructor
- American Red Cross, certified First Aid & Emergency Care instructor