Alyssa Lee Wilmot
Founder, Owner/director, Head Instructor
Alyssa is a choreographer, dancer, performance artist, writer, and educator who draws upon a diverse range of dance, Pilates, and fitness vocabularies, techniques, and art. Alyssa uses her life experiences to enhance and inspire the lives of people through various forms of movement. A native of Cleveland, Ohio, Alyssa started her dance education at the age of three and has been dancing ever since. Alyssa has been trained in New York, Ohio, and California and studied various forms of movement, ranging from dance forms such as Ballet, Tap, Jazz, Hip Hop/ Break dancing, Lyrical, Pointe, Liturgical, Belly dance, Modern (Taylor, Mark Morris, Graham, Limon/Humphrey, Fenley), Contemporary, and African dance; along with other forms such as Pilates, Yoga, Kickboxing, Muay Thai, Basketball, Cheerleading, Fitness training, Cardio dance, and more.
- MFA, Dance Choreography and Performance - Mills College, CA - 2002
- BA, Philosophy, Dance, Political Science - The College of Wooster, OH - 2000
- Certified Pilates Mat Instructor - Alter Center, San Francisco, CA - 2004
- Certified Pilates Equipment Instructor - Alter Center, San Francisco, CA - 2009
- ZUMBA® Fitness Certified, Basic - 2011
- PMA®- CPT - 2012 (current member status)
- bootybarre® Plus Certification - 2014
- bootybarre® Flex and Flow Certification - 2014
- Weight Management Specialist Certification - American Council on Exercise - 2015
- bootybarre® Pre and PostNatal Certification - 2016
- bootybarre® Sculpt Certification - 2017
- CPR/AED Certified - American Red Cross - Current
- Pink Ribbon Breast Cancer Exercise Specialist - In Progress 2018
Pilates Instructor, Dance Instructor
Mikaela Brown is a dancer, choreographer, director, PMA® Certified Pilates Teacher and PostureRenew® instructor. She enjoyed performing and teaching with Inlet Dance Theatre for several seasons before co-founding Elu Dance Company with Mackenzie Valley. Mikaela is passionate about the power of movement + story and how the two can collide to bring freedom, hope, and healing to people of all cultures and backgrounds. Because of this, her approach in pilates stems from a desire to help clients discover the deeper story in their body, unravel pain and learn to move with greater ease, strength and vitality. Outside of art-making and bodywork, Mikaela enjoys long walks through the woods, ice cream, and sitting by a crackling fire with her husband Joshua.
- PostureRenew certification - 2017
- PMA®-CPT - 2018
Elaine Dowling is a classically trained ballet dancer, teacher, and choreographer working throughout Northeast Ohio. She studied ballet with renowned Cleveland teachers Marguerite Duncan and Nancy Arcury. Elaine was a principal dancer with North Coast Ballet Theatre, and continues to train with Sonja Kraljevic. She has also studied modern dance with Joan Meggitt, Megan Pitcher, Megan Johnson, and Kelli Sanford. Elaine frequently performs at Case Western Reserve University, where she has worked with international choreographers and danced the works of the legendary dancer and choreographer Martha Graham. She has also performed with Coventry Dance Company and RED.
- BA, Speech Communication and Theatre - Case Western Reserve University, OH
- CPR Certified, Current
London Fulton is a talented professional choreographer, dancer, performance artist, innovator, teacher and educator who was born and raised in Cleveland, OH. When he found his love for dance, he was only 15 years old when he took his craft to Rock City Dance Studio as a competition dancer. His competition career as a dancer consist of winning Top Five overall in competitions such as Showstoppers, Starbound, KAR, and Pulse On Tour Dance Competition. He has trained under the industry's best teachers in Ohio, Oklahoma, and California, and Georgia’s in the art of Contemporary, Jazz, hip-hop, ballet, Performance, Lyrical, Modern and tap.
After London received his certification in Hollywood, California at The International Dance Academy in 2016, he came back home to Ohio to continue his love for dancing and teaching under the direction Lakeshore Ballet Theater in Avon, Ohio where he completed his training as a dancer/Instructor under Trutek Dance Company, which was a Commercial Jazz dance division
of Lake shore Ballet Theater.
London is currently in school to receieve his BA in Massage therapy where he plans to run his own business in near future. Dance has always been his escape from harsh moments in his life where it has made him the man he is today.
Zen Barre® Instructor, Yoga Instructor
Amber started at The Movement Factory in April of 2014 as a client, having never taken a group class before, and immediately fell in love with the variety of classes and the atmosphere. She is originally from Tiffin, OH, where she studied ballet as a child, was a three-sport athlete throughout high school and rode horses. She played volleyball in college and fitness has always been an integral part of her life. She is currently a high school French teacher and has coached volleyball. She started working the front desk in February of 2015 and feels that The Movement Factory is a perfect fit, because of the positive, encouraging environment and comraderie that motivates clients to achieve fitness goals.
- BA, French Mercyhurst College - 2003
- BA, Secondary Education - Mercyhurst College - 2004
- bootybarre Plus - 2017
- bootybarre Flex and Flow - in progress 2017
- Zen Barre® - 2018
Hip Hop Instructor
Anthony Jamison was born and raised in Cleveland Ohio. In 2008 Anthony graduated from Collinwood High School and then continued his education at Defiance College before transferring to Cleveland State University. Anthony first started dancing with Alyssa Lee Wilmot in her dance classes at Tri-C. He has been dancing for six years doing both hip hop and break dance, as well as taking on new challenges such as ballet, jazz and contemporary. Anthony is also exploring his acting career; he has been featured in movies such as The Avengers, Captain America Winter Soldier, Insurgent, Batman vs Superman, and many more!
Jennifer Lenhart, CYT/E-RYT 200, found yoga in 1994 and began teaching in 2009. She is honored to have studied in Cleveland at the Jivasara Yoga School under Marni Task (an advanced certified Jivamukti teacher & Anusara inspired instructor). Around the same time she found yoga, she also discovered the teachings of Buddhism and developed a seated meditation practice. Having experienced the transformative and healing power of yoga and meditation, Jennifer is passionate about sharing them with others.
In class with Jennifer, you'll hear inspirational music, do some devotional chanting, consider how the teachings of yoga & Buddhist philosophies can be applied to modern life, be asked to bring awareness and focus to the breath, be encouraged to find optimal alignment in the postures, and be invited to bring mindfulness to all areas of the practice -- body, mind, and soul. And probably enjoy some laughter, too. Learn more at www.jenniferlenhart.com.
- BA, English, Northland College, 1996
- MA, English, Cleveland State University, 1998
- Certified 200-hour Yoga Teacher, Jivasara School, 2009
- Experienced, Registered Yoga Teacher with Yoga Alliance (E-RYT 200)
- Certified Thai Yoga Massage Practitioner, 2012
- CPR/AED/First Aid, Current
Growing up as a gymnast and athlete, Katie naturally gravitated towards Pilates at a young age. While living in Chapel Hill, North Carolina, she began to pursue a teaching career in both yoga and Pilates, earning her 600-hour classical Pilates certification through Power Pilates, and her 200-hour power vinyasa yoga certification. Katie’s career then brought her to Los Angeles, where she taught private and group yoga and Pilates for the past three years while continuing her education through a Pilates 400-hour bridge program. This summer, Katie and her husband found their way back home to Cleveland, and she is excited to share her passion and knowledge of Pilates with others. When not in the Pilates studio, either teaching or taking a class, Katie can be found doing yoga, hiking or hanging with her kids.
- Power Pilates Classical Pilates certification - 2010
- Power Vinyasa Yoga Certification - 2010
Front Desk Staff
- B.S. in Special Education, Cleveland State University, in process
- American Red Cross CPR/First Aid Certified, current
Jasmine was born in New Orleans, Louisiana, but grew up in Cleveland, Ohio where she graduated from Avon High School in 2010. Jasmine has always had a love for both dancing and teaching. She began dance at an early age with Ballet and Baton Twirling. She attended college at Purdue University in Indiana, where she had the opportunity to study and perform Belly Dancing, Swing Dancing, Contemporary, and Jazz. Jasmine returned home and began attending Cleveland State University to complete her degree in Special Education and continue dancing Ballet, Jazz, Tap, and Hip-hop.
After a long search for a new studio, Jasmine first visited The Movement Factory in 2013 and fell in love with the atmosphere and style of the studio. While finishing her degree and working at The Movement Factory, she also teaches for Westlake City Schools and formed their summer Elementary Dance Club, K-3 performing arts group.
Pilates Instructor, Personal Trainer
Shari is a personal trainer, Pilates instructor and educator with more than 2 decades of experience in dance and athletics. A native of Northeast Ohio, Shari began ballet training as a child and continued through high school. She took her first Pilates class more than 15 years ago and was instantly hooked, eventually becoming an instructor and studying with Pilates legend Elizabeth Larkham. Shari's others passions include tennis, and volunteering at the Cleveland Animal Protective League.
- BA - Kent State University
- American Council on Exercise: Personal Trainer
- American Council on Exercise: Group Exercise Instructor
- Balanced Body: Comprehensive Pilates Training
- Muscle Activation Technique JumpStart certified
- Johnny G. Spinning certified
- American Heart Association, certified Basic Life Support, CPR and AED instructor
- American Red Cross, certified First Aid & Emergency Care instructor
- PMA ® Certified Pilates Instructor - 2018 (current member status)
- Fully Certified Pilates Instructor – Pilates Academy International - 2015
- CARDIOLATES© Certificate - 2014
- Pre/Post Natal Certificate - 2014
- Redcord ® Active Intro Certificate - 2014
- B.S. Health Sciences - Community Health - Ohio University 2011
- Certified Health Education Specialist (CHES) Certificate - 2011
- ZUMBA Fitness Certified - Basic - 2010
- AFAA Certified Primary Group Exercise Instructor - 2009
- First Aid and CPR certified (current)
Clare Vesecky is a PMA® Certified Pilates Instructor with a friendly, functional and personalized teaching style. She strives to teach each class in a way that leaves you feeling strengthened, stretched and invigorated!
Amanda comes to The Movement Factory with experience from working in New York City for many years. She loves Pilates and fitness and is excited to work with the wonderful clients and staff!
- Fashion Institute of Technology - Fashion Business Management/ French and Art History Minor
- AAS, Fashion Business Management, BA, Fashion Business Management - 2016
Jennifer Young began her yogic journey at The Movement Factory when it first opened its doors in 2013. Yoga became a source of strength and clarity for her and added a connectivity to herself and others looking to heal. She began a home practice and assisted friends and family with body aches and stress relief by sharing her personal growth through regular asana. Jennifer realized she wanted to deepen her own practice and become a yoga instructor and began Vinyasa training at Awaken Yoga. All life is Vinyasa-the flow that exists in and around all of us. Her teacher, Jennifer Langsdale, has taught her to design classes that weave mindful bhava and thoughtful sequencing to build strength, create space in the body and empower others in the mind, body and spirit.
- BFA Printmaking Kent State University-2005
- 200hr Vinyasa Yoga Teacher Training-Awaken Yoga Mentor, Ohio 2016
- CYT 200 hour Yoga Teacher
LUKA BLACKHILL is a 21-year-old who works every day to fulfill the highest expression of himself as a human being and an artist. He loves the adrenaline rush of Theater, hip hop and acro, but feels Amazing in area of Vouging. He is known for having the "The Stamina of 1,ooo men!" Luka has performed at Venues Including Ohio Burlesque Festival, Pittsburgh Draglesque Showcase, Pride in Cle 2018 and Local Musical Theater Stages Including Near West Theater, Breksville Theater and Many more, showing off his dancing skills In and out of Drag. Luka is excited to Dance with you!